Captain Marine was established as marine outboard service and repairs and skipper for hire service in 1992.
Captain Marine has been awarded the Yamaha Top Dealer Award.
History of Captain Marine
- 1992: Commenced business at our current site (24 Gleadow Street, Invermay)
- 1992: Became a Yamaha Outboard Agent
- 1999: Became an Allycraft boat Dealership
- 2000: Became a Dunbier Trailer Dealership
- 2004: Became a TABS boat Dealership
- 2005: Became an Oceanic Trailer Dealership
About Peter Richardson
- 1965: Commenced an apprenticeship at Highline Marine (OMC dealership)
- 1970: Moved to England and began work at the Mercury Dealership (Poole)
- 1970: Worked at the Johnson Dealership (London)
- 1971: Returned to Tasmania to work for Highline Marine
- 1972: Worked at Guy’s Marine (Chrysler Outboards)
- 1972: worked at Suzuki Motorbikes
Peter has also worked as a patrol Boat Skipper for the Tasmanian Sea Fisheries (based out of St Helens) and was the president of Rosevears Water Sports Club from the early 1990s until the club folded in 2002.
Peter has been involved in both power boat and water-ski racing; in which he has set up boats to push speeds of 100mph.